- What causes mould in my home?
- Can we remove mould ourselves or should I call a professional?
- How quickly can ServiceMaster Restore respond to the emergency situation at my home?
Excess moisture caused by leaks or flooding in your home — especially in typically damp environments like your kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms — creates the perfect breeding ground for mould or mildew. To control and reduce the risk for mould growth in these areas, you must properly maintain your plumbing system and monitor appliances that use large quantities of water, such as dish washers and washing machines. Small amounts of indoor mould are unavoidable and usually harmless. In damp environments, however, mould spores can more easily reproduce and cause more serious and difficult to remove mould problems.
Mould can be a serious issue. A small patch of mould on a wall often can be removed without professional help, but if mould issues persist after you’ve cleaned and performed prevention tactics, it’s time to call in the experts. For larger mould issues and toxic black mould removal, leave it to the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore for safe and effective mould removal and clean up. Our technicians are professionally trained in comprehensive mould remediation and employ the safest, most effective techniques for solving any mould issue. Our teams regularly handle small (ten square feet or less) areas affected by mould as well as larger spaces, both commercial and residential.
ServiceMaster Restore is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Depending on the situation and conditions, a ServiceMaster Restore representative will arrive at your home for an initial evaluation within a 2 to 4 hours of receiving the call, or sooner.